Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Kings plays of the Week - Week 3

From now on every Friday you can check in to see who the King has as his plays of the week...
I am trying not to give obvious guys like Manning, Brady, LT etc... So for week 3 here is who I like.

QB:

I expect a big things from Vince Young this week VS. the Saints. The Saints gave up a lot of yardage to the Bucs last week and I feel that Young and the Titans should move the ball pretty well. The Bucs are not stopping anybody from throwing ranking 26th in pass defense with 0 INTS. Expect Young to get 220 yards 2 TD's and another rushing.

Jason Campbell is another play I really like this week. He played well against a very solid Philly D last week and this week faces a sub par Giants D. The Giants are dead last in passing D giving up over 300 yards a game so far. Expect Campbell to approach 250 yards and 2 TD's.

RB:

Laurence Maroney should go crazy against a terrible Bills Defense. The Bills have given up a ton of yardage to the Broncos and the Steelers thus far and I expect Maroney to do so as well. I would be a little worried about Sammy Morris (who should be a good RB3 or Flex option for week 3) stealing Maroney's goalline carries. But I expect Maroney to break a long one for 6 this week. I see 125 yards and 1 TD pretty easily this week for Maroney.

How about Thomas Jones. I think Jones can run against a marginal Miami run Defense. I expect the Jets to run the ball a lot with a dinged up Pennington. Jones could see 25 carries and should get all the goal line carries. I think Jones should get 112 yards and a TD.

I also really like DeShaun Foster this week against the Falcons. The Falcons are giving up plenty of yards on the ground but have yet to allow any rushing scores. I do think that will change this week with Carolina coming into the dome. I would not consider Foster an elite option this week because of the lack of rushing TD's gave up by the Falcons but I like his chances for a score.


WR:

Santana Moss is going to go insane this week. Get this guy in your lineup. I love Moss for the same reason I like Campbell. I fully expect Moss to catch a huge play of 40+ yards for a TD. Lets face it the Giants pass defense could not stop your local high school wide outs. Play Santana Moss and expect 130 yards and a TD.

Bobby Engram faces a Bengals defense that allowed 5 passing TD's last week. I know Engram is not quite the WR talent that Braylon Edwards is and his QB is better than Derek Anderson so I expect big things. Hasselbeck (should be started this week) is no slouch at all and should put up great numbers all day. I really like Engram and Branch (must start this week) this week and expect big things from both of them. I might not expect a TD because of Holmgren's love affair with Alexander (Must start) inside the 10. I project Engram around 98 yards no TD. Still not bad for a guy you can plug in off the Waiver wire in most leagues.
Marty Booker is a great 1 week guy this week as well. he plays a rather bad Jets passing defense that has allowed 5 TD's through the air. I think Booker and his teammate Chris Chambers are money this week. I fully expect 70 yards and a TD from Booker this week.

TE:

Before I start into my TE's I would like to vent my frustration towards Vernon Davis. They call him VD, now I know why he is infecting my team like VD right now. Come on Vernon please show everyone you are not just a combine freak and that you are a stud TE like everyone who drafted you thought you would be. You can get open VS. a Steelers defense that is not as good as it used to be but is still a top 3 passing D.

That being said Vernon Davis is my TE of the week. I expect Davis to get many more throws after venting his frustration with the offense earlier this week. Davis has 4 catches this season is looking like a fantasy bust but I always say the open mouth gets the food, and hopefully Mike Nolan agrees. Note to Alex Smith this Vernon Davis guy is pretty good, you might want to throw him the ball instead of alligator arm Darrel Jackson. Davis and head coach Mike Nolan had a meeting and they both seemed to say the right things after the interview so lets see what happens. I think Davis has 50 yards a TD this week. Don't be the guy who benches Davis when he busts out this week.

D/ST:

The Colts, yes the Colts. They are facing a Houston team who is going to be without Andre Johnson. I do not expect Jacoby Jones, Andre Davis and whoever the other WR's in Houston to scare the Colts much. I expect to see Bob Sanders up at the line early stopping the run. After the Colts build a substantial lead Sanders will go back into the secondary to help the pass D and the Colts will win big. I think 2 turnovers and 4 sacks should be plausible.

K:

I have to tell you this was the easiest choice ever. Jeff Reed, come on how can you not start a guy with this picture...





Well thats week 3 for all you people out there in fantasy land. Please comment and I will answer a few comments every week in my story.

No comments: