Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kickers in Fantasy Football Rant.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I now hate you Kris Brown...

Ok time for an article that I wanted to write because of a friend of mine.

Last week while watching Football my buddy and I were talking about Kickers. He is in the camp of Kickers should not be allowed in Fantasy because it is to much of a crap shoot. Of course I disagreed.

He was all bitter because he lost a game by 2 and his opponent had a Kicker worth 3 more points than his. He fired off countless profanities screaming how Kickers are this and that, etc. I listened to his outrage and chimed in with... "If your WR's scored 3 more points you would have been golden. " He proceeded to scream and yell at me, and complain that the Kicker position needs to go next year. I disagreed and we argued over the next 10 rounds of drinks. I tried explaining that Kickers are cool because they can score points and if they score points in reality they should score in Fantasy as well. It would be pretty lame I thought to get rid of Kickers.

Now this week rolls around. I am watching Football and drinking beer per usual. I sit down, look over my lineup and my opponents lineup. I realize I will most likely lose. These things happen when Ron Dayne and LenDale are in your lineup along with Lee Evans and Bo Scaife. The games kick off and I am watching my Pats and kinda keeping an eye on live scoring out of the corner of my eye. So it turns out the guy I am playing has Kris Brown. Now Kris Brown decides to go completely insane this week and drop a 22 spot on me. Yes a 22 spot!!! Turns out my Kicker throws up a monster 3 shooter and I lose by 15 points. Karma is not cool.

In the end I realized that Kris Brown was the Fantasy God of the Week and that I am too against Kickers in fantasy.

KDA out.

No comments: