Friday, October 5, 2007

The Kings Plays of the Week... - Week 5

Sorry I missed last week readers , I had some CPU issues, but I am all set now. So, per usual, I give you a few under the radar type guys who should put up good weeks. This now has more value since we are in the dreaded bye weeks times. So here we go...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
QB:

Jay Cutler is a play I like this week. He is playing a Chargers team who is really struggling VS. the pass. Cutler is likely to be without his best WR Javon Walker but does have his favorite target in Brandon Marshall. Add in the fact that feature RB Travis Henry can not stop smoking the reefer, and may not play not to mention his injury and it adds up to a solid play of Cutler.

Jason Campbell will he burn me again? Maybe, but I like where his matchup coming off a bye. Detroit is subject to big passing days so I do expect big things from Campbell this week. Santana Moss is a little dinged up but it should not be a big deal with this week.

RB:


Ron Dayne is a great play this week with Ahman Green most likely sitting out due to injury. Le'ts face it the Dolphins run defense cannot stop anyone. I fully expect the Texans to be up pretty big and run the ball a ton against a vulnerable Phins D.

Sammy Morris it is about time for you to get some love. You have shown to be a great 2nd back up in NE and have exceeded all expectations already. I think even if Maroney does play, Morris will get 75 yards and a TD against a so so Browns D.

WR:

Brandon Marshall
should put up awesome numbers this week. As I mentioned before I like Cutler so I have to like his favorite target in Marshall. Marshall seems to have all the tools to become a very good NFL WR. I fully expect a big week from Marshall this week without Walker in the lineup.

I am also going to go with Drew Bennett. Yes, I know it is hairy playing any Ram right now especially with a garbage O-Line, backup QB, and backup RB but, I think Bennett can do ok. He has worked with Frerotte on the 2nd unit in practice and should have a nice rapport with him, I hope. I have a feeling this pick is going to bite me in the you know what.

TE:

Dallas Clark has been awesome this year and it is hard to call him under the radar but I think his value is even higher with the potential of Harrison missing the game. He is a matchup nightmare for LB's and is going to have another monster week this week. Play him and expect him to outscore Gates again.

A deep sleeper at TE would be Dan Grahme of the Broncos this week. As I mentioned everywhere, I love the Broncos this week so Grahme could put up some nice numbers.

K:

Mason Crosby is a great play this week as the Packers play a tough divisional game against the Bears. I expect the Pack to have a lot of drives run out of gas in FG range. I really like Crosby this week.

D/ST:

How about the Texans. Yes, the Texans. The Texans are up against a rather poor Miami offense and should hold them down pretty easily. I expect a top 5 D scoring output from the Texans this week.

No comments: